02 Jan Community Wellness Study
We are interested in evaluating the effectiveness of a telephone-based wellness program that has been adapted specifically for adults (ages 45-64) who are aging with a physical disability. Participation in this study will last one year. Each participant will be asked to complete a survey (either online or on paper) at 4 different times during the year. Some participants will be asked to completed 8-10 phone calls that will last an hour during the first 6 months of the study.
• Adults between the age of 45-64
• Able to read and write in English
• Have access to a telephone
• Diagnosed with a medical condition affecting your muscles or nerves (such as Spinal Cord Injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, Amputation, etc.)
• Symptoms of the medical condition must have started before age 40
• Have any difficulty completing day-to-day tasks in the past year from your medical condition (such as difficulty bathing, dressing, walking, doing housework, preparing meals, etc.)
This study does NOT require any in-person visits. Any person meeting the above inclusion criteria is invited to participate, regardless of location.
Additional Study Details
Full Study Title
Efficacy and Mechanism of a Community Wellness Promotion Program for Middle-aged Adults Living With Long-term Physical Disability
Ivan Molton, Ph.D.
Accepts Healthy Volunteers?
University of Washington
1959 NE Pacific St
Seattle, Washington 98195