20 Nov Novel Stoma Support Belt User Trial
We are looking for stoma patients interested in trying a novel support belt aimed at prevention of parastomal hernias. Study subjects will participate in a 2-week long study, with free study-related consultations with top physicians at the UW Medical Center.
Stop worrying about ostomy complications and get back to your life!
- Have a gastrointestinal stoma – a colostomy or ileostomy – that is mature
- Stable stoma function – without pain or obstruction at the stoma
- Adults 18 years of age and older
- Brand new stoma (within 8 weeks post-op)
- Current parastomal hernia diagnosis
- Signs of peristomal pyoderma gangrenosum (ulceration in area around the stoma)
- History of stoma prolapse (stoma protruding outside of the body)
- Received urostomy
- Patient is unable to fill out our daily journal for progress tracking
- Patient wants to concurrently use another hernia belt during the 2-week at home trial
Additional Study Details
Full Study Title
Quinton Parastomal Hernia Support Harness Usability Study
Mika Sinanan MD, PhD – PI
Accepts Healthy Volunteers?
University of Washington
1959 NE Pacific Clinical Research Center (Pacific Tower, 7th Floor)
Seatte, Washington 98105