18 Jan Postmortem Digital Legacies Study
This study is seeking adult pairs who are close to each other (such as close friends, married or intimate partners, or family members) to participate in a study about digital legacies. This refers to the digital information or personal data that remains after death.
This study involves 2 co-design sessions with you and a study partner of your choice. Participants will work through activities to design a personalized, meaningful digital memorial for each other. No prior design experience necessary!
Participants will each be compensated with a $75 gift card ($25 for the introductory session, $10 for the take-home activity, and $40 for the co-design session).
Both you and your co-participant must…
– Be 18 years or older.
– Be able to speak and write in English.
– Have personal data in some capacity (e.g., digital media such as photos or videos, social media data, self-tracking data, etc.).
How to participate
– Please fill out the screener survey if you are interested in participating or in learning more about the study: https://forms.gle/vPTTPe9E5cAyJkgD9
– Choose one other person to participate in the study with you, and have them fill out the screener survey as well.
– If you are both eligible, we will follow up via. e-mail with next steps.
If you are interested in learning more about the study, please see the information sheet (http://bit.ly/3kslw3y). Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or clarifications about the study details!
Additional Study Details
Full Study Title
Speculative Engagements with Digital Legacies
Accepts Healthy Volunteers?
University of Washington
3960 Benton Ln NE Seattle
Seattle, Washington 98195