29 Jul Research Blood Donor Program
BLOODWORKS NORTHWEST HAS AN OPTION FOR PEOPLE WHO CHOOSE TO DONATE BLOOD FOR RESEARCH. Or if travel or some other issue has affected your eligibility to donate blood, you might be eligible to donate for research as a way to give back to your community.
We’re seeking willing and healthy volunteers to provide blood samples that will support studies underway at a number of research institutions.
DO YOU WANT TO HELP SCIENTISTS ACCELERATE THEIR SEARCH TO UNLOCK THE CURES FOR THINGS LIKE HEART DISEASE AND CANCER? Your donation provides medical researchers with blood components and biological products to advance the development of potentially lifesaving therapies and treatments.
DONATION IS JUST 3 EASY STEPS:
1. Screening interview—to qualify you as a donor
2. Schedule an appointment
Once qualified as a donor, you may be invited to donate multiple times.
Reimbursement is provided for your time and availability.
With more than 70 years of Northwest history sustaining the community blood supply, donors are assured that their donations will be safely performed by our knowledgeable staff under the direction of a physician, and meeting the highest regulatory standards.
WIRB 20141589 #16743290.0
Am I qualified to become a research blood donor?
Research blood donors must meet the following requirements:
1. Age of at least 18 years at time of providing informed consent
2. Age anticipated to be less than 80 years when qualified as a donor
3. Capable of reading, discussing and understanding study-related information in English
4. Capable of providing valid informed consent
5. Legally qualified to receive donor stipend payment
6. Reliably capable of receiving US mail, electronic mail and telephone calls
7. Anticipated to be available for scheduled donation(s)
8. Weight of more than 110 pounds (50 kg)
A Bloodworks physician can determine that you are ineligible/unsafe to donate based on their
professional judgement. If a physician determines that you are unsafe to donate, you will be
unable to participate in this research program.
WIRB 20141589 #17307698.0
Research Donor Program Coordinators
(206) 568-3637 x_____
Additional Study Details
Full Study Title
Biological Sample Provision Protocol
Principal Investigator: David M Lin, MD, MHA
Sub Investigator: Yanyun Wu, MD, PhD
Sub Investigator: Rebecca Haley, MD
Accepts Healthy Volunteers?
Bloodworks Northwest Research Institute Eastlake Location
1551 Eastlake Ave E Suite 100
Seattle, Washington 98102
Bloodworks Northwest Central Location
921 Terry Ave
Seattle Washington 98104