03 Aug Study Understanding Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis of Novel Antibodies (SUPERNOVA)
The goal of this clinical study is to evaluate the safety and neutralizing activity of AZD7442 (EVUSHELD) and AZD3152 for pre-exposure prophylaxis of COVID-19 in adults who are negative for COVID-19 infection and have a condition causing immune impairment, who are less likely to mount an adequate protective immune response after vaccination and thus are at high risk of developing severe COVID-19.
If you qualify and decide to join the clinical treatment study, you will be compensated for your time.
Transportation to the center for appointments is also available, at no charge to the participant, and can be discussed at the time of screening.
The Study Team will not share participant’s citizenship information at any point.
Social Security information is not needed, and Health Insurance is not needed and is not charged.
• Participants 18 years of age or older
• Willing and able to provide written informed consent to participate
• Negative for COVID-19 infection at time of enrollment
• Meeting at least 1 risk factors at time of enrollment:
• Have solid tumor cancer and on active treatment (excluding adequately treated non-melanoma skin cancer/lentigo maligna, uterine cervical carcinoma in situ, local prostate cardinoma)
• Have hematologic malignancy
• Have solid organ transplant or hematopoietic stem cell transplant (<2 years of transplantation, taking immunosuppression therapy or have chronic grafter versus-host disease)
• Actively taking immunosuppressive medicines)
• Received chimeric antigen receptor T cell therapy
• <1 year of receiving B-cell depleting therapies
• Have moderate-severe primary or secondary immunodeficiency
• Medically stable defined as disease not requiring significant change in therapy or hospitalization for worsening disease
Other protocol-defined Inclusion/Exclusion criteria apply
COVID-19 Clinical Research Center Team
Additional Study Details
Full Study Title
A Phase I/III Randomized, Double-blind Study to Evaluate the Safety and Neutralizing Activity of AZD5156/AZD3152 for Pre-exposure Prophylaxis of COVID-19 in Participants with Conditions Causing Immune Impairment
Dr. Jim Boonyaratanakornkit
Accepts Healthy Volunteers?
COVID-19 Clinical Research Center
820 Minor Ave N.
Seattle, Washington 98109