20 May TREATMENT FOR COVID-19 (SARS-COV-2) WITH MK-4482-002 IN ADULT OUTPATIENTS
This study aims to evaluate the safety, tolerability and efficacy of molnupiravir (MK-4482) compared to placebo. This study will enroll adults who have recently tested positive for SARS-COV-2 and have experienced at least one related mild or moderate symptom. Patients between the ages of 18-59 must have at least one pre-existing risk factor to be eligible.
If you qualify and decide to join the clinical treatment study, you will be compensated for your time.
Transportation to the center for appointments is also available, at no charge to the participant, and can be discussed at the time of screening. The Study Team will not share participant’s private health information or citizenship information at any point, Social Security information is not needed, and Health Insurance is not needed and is not charged.
– Adults 18 years of age or older at the time of signing the informed consent
– Able to swallow small pills
– Laboratory confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection, with test results within past 5 days
– Symptomatic – experiencing at least one of the following symptoms within past 5 days: fever/chills, tiredness/fatigue, headache, muscle/body aches, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath upon exertion, stuffy or runny nose, loss of smell or taste, nausea or throwing up, diarrhea
– If 18-59 years of age, has secondary risk factor of: obesity (BMI > 30); type 1 or 2 diabetes; serious heart conditions (heart failure, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathies); chronic kidney disease, active cancer (can be receiving chemotherapy); chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
– If 60+ years of age does not need to have a secondary risk factor (listed above)
COVID-19 Clinical Research Center Team
Additional Study Details
Full Study Title
A Phase 2/3, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind Clinical Study to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, and Pharmacokinetics of MK-4482 in Non-Hospitalized Adults with COVID-19.
Dr. Elizabeth Duke
Accepts Healthy Volunteers?
COVID-19 Clinical Research Center
820 Minor Ave N.
Seattle, Washington 98109