13 Nov Treatment for SARS-CoV-2 with Remdesivir in adult outpatients
This study is testing whether a drug called Remdesivir can reduce symptoms and the need for hospitalization in individuals with COVID-19. Remdesivir has been shown to help patients recover faster in the hospital, and this study will determine whether it is also beneficial in less-sick patients who are not hospitalized.
This study is being conducted at Fred Hutch’s COVID-19 Clinical Research Center in Seattle, WA (as one of the study’s site locations) and will enroll adults who have recently tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 and are symptomatic, with adults that are 18 – 59 years of age required to have at least 1 pre-existing risk factor for progression to hospitalization.
If you qualify and decide to join the clinical treatment study, you will be compensated for your time. Transportation to the center for appointments is also available, at no charge to the participant, and can be discussed at the time of screening. The Study Team will not share participant’s private health information or citizenship information at any point, Social Security information is not needed, and Health Insurance is not needed and is not charged.
– Adults 18 years of age or older at the time of signing the informed consent
– Laboratory confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection, with test results within past 72 hours of enrollment
– Symptomatic – experiencing at least one of the following symptoms: fever, sore throat, chills, cough, shortness of breath, tiredness, headache, stuffy or runny nose, body pain or muscle aches, nausea or throwing up, diarrhea
– If 18 – 59 years of age, has secondary risk factor of: diabetes, chronic/mild/moderate kidney disease, chronic liver disease, sickle cell disease, current cancer, chronic lung disease, cardiovascular or cerebrovascular disease, hypertension (high blood pressure), obesity (body mass index > 30), and/or immunocompromised state
– If 60+ years of age does not need to have a secondary risk factor (listed above)
– Able to attend all appointments at the Fred Hutch CCRC in Seattle, WA within the study schedule. Vehicular transportation to the CCRC for appointments is also available, at no charge to the participant, and can be discussed at the time of screening with the study team.
COVID-19 Clinical Research Center Team
Additional Study Details
Full Study Title
A Phase 3 Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Remdesivir (GS-5734™) Treatment of COVID-19 in an Outpatient Setting
Dr. Josh Hill, Fred Hutch
Accepts Healthy Volunteers?
Fred Hutch COVID-19 Clinical Research Center
820 Minor Ave N Entrance B
Seattle, Washington 98109