17 Oct Blood and Lung Responses to Infection
The overall goal of this project is to study the inflammatory response of lung and blood cells
to infection with Burkholderia pseudomallei.
As a part of our study, we ask eligible individuals to undergo a blood draw and a bronchoscopy (a procedure to obtain cells from the lungs) at Harborview Medical Center.
Subjects are asked to undergo a blood draw and bronchoscopy to obtain blood and lung cells. A pre-procedure COVID-19 test is also required. All cost and parking are covered by the study. Study volunteers will receive $200 for participating.
- Participants must be between the ages of 18 and 50 and weigh between 100
and 350 pounds.
- Non-smoker or have not smoked within the last 3 months.
- No chronic medical conditions.
- No vaccinations within the last 6 weeks.
- Not pregnant or have delivered within the last 9 months.
- Not currently taking any medications (prescription or over-the-counter) other than birth control.
Denisse Bazan Dow
Additional Study Details
Full Study Title
Blood and Lung Responses to B. pseudomallei in SE Asians
T. Eoin West, MD, MPH
Accepts Healthy Volunteers?
Harborview Medical Center
325 9th AVE
Seattle, Washington 98104