30 Jun the FRESH study: Frequency of Eating and its Effects on Satiety and Health
How many times a day should we eat, and why? How big or small should our meals be, and why? How does meal frequency affect appetite? If you are a healthy adult, you may be able to help researchers at Fred Hutch answer these important questions.
Participants in this study will:
- Consume their own meals on both a 3x/day schedule and a 6x/day schedule for 3 weeks each.
- Come to Fred Hutch in Seattle, WA for 7 appointments.
We are looking for healthy volunteers who are/have:
- Male or female between 18-50 years old
- Normal cholesterol and blood pressure
Exclusions (conditions which would prevent participation in this study):
- Individuals with diabetes will not be eligible to participate.
- Individuals who are tobacco users, following a diet to gain or lose weight, taking any medication, are pregnant or nursing, or are athletes in training, will not be eligible to participate.
Participants receive $300 in compensation upon completion of all study activities.
For more information and to see if you’re eligible, visit theFRESHstudy.org.
Additional Study Details
Full Study Title
theFRESHstudy: Frequency of Eating and its Effects on Satiety and Health
Marian Neuhouser, PhD, RD
Martine Perrigue, PhD, RD
Ching-Yun (CY) Wang, PhD
Xiaoling Song, PhD
Adam Drewnowski, PhD
Accepts Healthy Volunteers?
1100 Fairview Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
Use the link below to send a message to the study coordinator, or call the number above to speak directly with a study representative.