26 Aug ITHS Congratulates Outgoing TL1 Summer Trainees
The Institute of Translational Health Sciences extends its congratulations on a job well done to 12 University of Washington students as they conclude the ITHS summer-long TL1 Multidisciplinary Pre-doctoral Clinical Research Training Program.
The goal of the TL1 program is to increase the number of well-trained clinician-scientists capable of assuming lead roles in the design and oversight of future interdisciplinary clinical and translational investigations.
The summer-long version of the TL1 program focused on enabling pre-doctoral students to work with interdisciplinary teams who are conducting clinical and translational research in the laboratory, healthcare settings, or in the community.
The 12 students who are finishing their summer-long training represent all six of the UW health sciences schools:
- Monique Luu, School of Dentistry
- Sohaib Soliman, School of Dentistry
- Adam Szajman, School of Dentistry
- Elana Feldman, School of Medicine
- Daron Vandeleur, School of Medicine
- Shih-Yin Lin, School of Nursing
- Natsuko Wood, School of Nursing
- Michael Liao, School of Pharmacy
- Jessica Sontheimer, School of Pharmacy
- Christine Korhonen, School of Public Health
- Jessica LePak, School of Social Work
- Katherine Querna, School of Social Work